Saturday, May 5, 2018

In Him We Have Peace

John 16:33

ESV
“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."

God has been hitting me with the hard fact that life will be full of troubles. There is no escaping them. The only relief I can find is in Jesus, but even then I must face the trial and see it through, no matter how difficult.

And why even worry? Greater is He! Not only that, greater is He that is in me! While it's not a harsh command, it's not a suggestion either; take heart! The presence of Jesus on a constant basis is all that is needed to assure the anxious soul of a remedy to the sickness that has befallen it. With Him as the centerpiece of my mind and holding the throne of my heart, nothing that comes against me will conquer me. Gods word declares that we are more than conquerors through Him. From there it remains my choice to believe that and live like it or not. Already while here I’ve experienced Gods conquering love fighting for me in situations that the carnal man would crumble in. We had been picked upon and toyed around with by some guards and an officer as we went to the capital of Uganda for traffic violations which were not committed. We were at dead ends with both situations, one happening right after the other, gor they both wanted ridiculous amounts of money for fines. But, we found that as we gave the situation to God, He took over completely. Our hearts were at rest and peace, and we walked away from both paying mere pennies to be on our way. In only a short few weeks God has displayed to me so much of His goodness to recall and lean upon for the rest of my life in whatever comes my way. God has not only given testimony but given wisdom through the trials as well.

The troubles we fight are never in vain, as long as they are fought with the right weapons. For the Christian, they must be heavenly weapons. To use anything else would be madness and a surety for failure. More so, it would just be a shame to not take advantage of the One who came so we could use Him for our good, Jesus! As He said here in John 16:33, He is here for our peace. He is here to fight for us. May we be Christians who constantly give our battles to the Lord, who call upon the Shepherd to beat away the wolves and dogs who come against His sheep, who rest in perfect peace knowing that everything will be taken care of. We need only be still and wait for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment