Thursday, April 5, 2018

All Attitude

Proverbs 12:1

NKJV
“Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction is stupid.”

It’s all about attitude. When I hold the perspective that all learning is a blessed opportunity, I will love it. Seeing learning as a drudgery and annoyance, especially when it may not be something I’m passionate about, will leave me empty and lifeless. The days will be gray and dull, for my mind will be imprisoned in a stronghold of bad attitude. Loving instruction and knowledge will not only enrich my mind and soul, it will keep my life fresh and alive.  

A great example of loving instruction and knowledge is reading the Mosaic Law. Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and the like can be similar to walking through a seemingly endless desert. The one without a calling and purpose for walking through it will simply want to die. They will be left parched, lost, lifeless and bored. Although to the believer, whose heart and mind is set upon heavenly things, who knows they are called to walk through it, will see their time in the desert as one of their greatest experiences. He who loves the deserts of learning often will reflect upon it as one of the most rewarding times. The desert will prepare me to traverse the upcoming mountains and valleys and face new challenges. I can look back upon what I was consistent in and fought through, and hold onto the good nuggets I found there, to conquer the new battles. Learning is simply equipping for experiences, and is a necessary stepping  stone to reach higher levels of intimacy with God. Learning the Mosaic law may at times be dry and rough, but at the same time it is rich in the love of God, and can teach much about the character of God; when read with the correct attitude. God's word is alive and active, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment