Monday, April 2, 2018

Fruits of Godliness

1 Timothy 4:8

ESV
“for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.”

The fruits of godliness are worth so much more than the fruits of physical fitness to me. The sound, peaceful mind of Christ is worth more than anything the world has to offer. Whether its physical fitness, wealth, status, education, or anything else. The value of knowing Jesus is everything. This however does not discount keeping the temple of God, our bodies, in good physical shape. When I can easily fall exhausted or am too weak, then I can find myself unfit for doing the work God has for me to the fullest, if at all. For certain, I will be spending my fair share of time laboring in Uganda, and it will be very valuable to be in shape. I don't want to become a liability due to physical limits. Therefore, both aspects of life, godliness and physical fitness, are valuable to stay busy doing the Lords work!

Godliness brings value in every way of life. When my heart and mind is submitted to the authority of Christ and I live through the mind and heart of Him, I also can be an asset and of value in every way. When the mind of Christ is what I live through, I am able to learn, to teach, to share the gospel, to forgive, to love, to guide, to lead, to be humble, and many more good things. Through whatever I may encounter in Uganda, if my mind and heart are trained in godliness and my life is disciplined to be submitted to the will of my Father, I will have the most fruitful time of my life, with great abundance and joy. The training in Montana has set a solid foundation in my heart for consistent devotion to God, both in the way I live and the time I spend with Jesus in His word and prayer. As I go into the field, this habit that has been built, and the constant hunger I have now for the word of God, will only grow and yield incredible fruits. I cant wait to see how the training for godliness here helps me in the rest of my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment