Monday, April 2, 2018

A Better Way

Proverbs 9:9

NKJV
“Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; Teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.”

Father God, allow not my heart to become hard nor my ears to be shut up to your instructions and teachings.

Not rarely, my heart will fall into a trap of bitterness towards others when they are simply trying to instruct me in a better way. I rely too heavily upon common sense rather than the discernment of Gods Spirit. I’m certainly growing but I’ll always have room to grow. What I don't see is when another is trying to teach or exhort me in love to live in a better manner, whether practically or spiritually, its God trying to teach me through them. God gave them wisdom and experience, and they are simply transferring it to me, and I have no right to grow bitter or hard or resentful towards them. I ultimately have an issue with God when I have an issue with others. Out of the abundance of my heart, the mouth speaks, and the mind thinks. Gods heart is pure and so is mine when I’m being filled with the Holy Spirit and walking in light, but when my heart and thoughts are impure, I'm in darkness, and sinning against God. For me properly be taught and receive instruction in a biblical manner, I must be in a place of justification. I am only justified when I’m forgiven and cleansed by the Blood of Jesus and then filled with His Holy Spirit. Just as this verse says to teach a “just” man, I must be justified. In the arms of Jesus I am justified. By residing in the arms of Jesus, I can remain just and wise, so I may be made wiser and increase in learnings. Learning about the Lord is one of the most pleasing things to a Christian who's heart is revived and on fire for Him. I can recall many times when reading scripture can be dry and boring, and my awe and wonder for it parched. However, when my heart is revived by the Spirit of God and I’m intimately connected with Him, reading His word is the most satisfying thing to my soul. Peace and joy flow like rivers of living water, because my soul has been hydrated by the Living Waters of Jesus. May I ever continue to grow in my desire to learn from and about the Lord, always growing deeper and wider with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment