Monday, April 2, 2018

Strain Forward!

Philippians 3:12-13

ESV
“Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,”

There are many things which lie ahead. Today, tomorrow, next month, next year, this lifetime. But what lays beyond that which I may strain forward to? Heaven. That is the motivation to press on. The place where angels dwell and creatures surround the throne of God singing “Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!” eternally. A place to dwell in perfect harmony and fellowship with God and His people. There will be no tears, no weeping, no pain, no hurt. Love and joy and peace and freedom will abound. It will be infinitely large, always expanding for the exploration of Gods children. Adventure, mystery, excitement will be found with every blink. These are only a few things to be expected in a place so beyond human comprehension. As humans, we haven’t even found the limits of our universe, if there is one at all. Already minds are blown by the vast expanse of space, how much more shall our minds be blown by the wonder of heaven. For me, that it my motivation. To keep my heart and mind fixed on my eternal home, and forget the ways I’ve failed behind me.

But, I also do not discount the fact that life is hard. The journey will not be easy and keeping a right heart on the way is difficult, and I know for certain I won't ever come to a perfect understanding and knowledge of dealing with all the issues that come. Discouragement, depression, confusion, fear, and a myriad of other emotions will come and go. Today, the Lord truly spoke through a message to me and it was this simple encouragement that God spoke to Paul in Acts 23. “Take courage.” I must always take courage. God is not finished, His promises still stand, and great is His faithfulness. Be of good cheer, the Lord has drawn near.

No comments:

Post a Comment