Monday, April 2, 2018

Start With A Slaying

1 Samuel 11:11-13

NKJV
“So it was, on the next day, that Saul put the people in three companies; and they came into the midst of the camp in the morning watch, and killed Ammonites until the heat of the day. And it happened that those who survived were scattered, so that no two of them were left together. Then the people said to Samuel, “Who is he who said, ‘Shall Saul reign over us?’ Bring the men, that we may put them to death.” But Saul said, “Not a man shall be put to death this day, for today the Lord has accomplished salvation in Israel.”

Start to slay during sunrise. The battle begins as soon as I awaken before daylight. Depending on location, the heat of the day can vary. My battles may last until late evening, or the peak may hit early afternoon. The Lord will arm me with strength for each days battle. When I’m vigilant and perseverance through the battle, the enemies will topple around me. Those who are left will find themselves fleeing from destruction. When Jesus shows up to the scene, the demons shake and tremble.

What are my battles? Often times what I battle most in my heart is maintaining seeking the Lord. Each days struggle is getting straight into the level of communion I had with God the day before. Then once I’ve got it in my grasp it becomes difficult into maintain conversation with Him. I will find myself caught up in the work, not caught up in His goodness along the way. This is a difficult thing to learn to grow in, but as I worked at MudMan today, I found myself more often thanking and praising the Lord with song and a joyful heart. Theres nothing like running for six and a half hours nonstop serving the Lord by working at a fast food restaurant. Today I can confidently say I fought a good fight. And victory was mine. There was a few small hiccups along the way, but never at any point was I overwhelmed or anxious or stuck. Peace and joy reigned my heart much more than anything else. What a joy it is to serve the Lord and be confident in Him! No matter the external defeats, its always a victory when I’m in fellowship with my Father and am seeking to glorify Him. Failures will teach me how to be victorious. Victories are, well, victories! In the end, God is glorified and I’m satisfied. Never before have I gone twelve hours through various tasks running on six hours of sleep and felt like I could go another twenty-four! As my body is beat down, my soul and spirit leap up with joy and life the longer I go. Today was a battle fought with and by the Lord, and it was won.

No comments:

Post a Comment