Monday, March 5, 2018

Be Found Watching

Luke 12:37-40

NKJV
“Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching. Assuredly, I say to you that he will gird himself and have them sit down to eat, and will come and serve them.  And if he should come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.  Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”

God has appointed for each His will in their life. For my class and I, it is to be here and now in IGNITE. To be fully engaged in what God is doing each day in our lives here. Our equivalent to watching the masters house is being here and doing what we know we should be doing. Not only are there earthly masters but also the heavenly Master, neither of which do we know when they could show up. Often times it comes down to integrity of heart. God will reward my faithfulness and integrity, in due season, but I cannot begin to slack in what has been committed for me to do. Matthew 12:47-48 says that those who know what they are to be doing, but don't prepare themselves or do according to the will of their master will be beaten with many stripes. Of course, we will not be actually beaten, but the equivalent is being rebuked. Neither one is a fun experience, so why not start off and stay on the masters good side, always being found diligently working within the masters will. There have been too often times where I wouldn't do what I knew I needed to do. In middle school and high school, I would hardly do any homework. At home, chores were often drudgery because I wanted to be doing whatever else I wanted to do. Thankfully as time has gone on I’ve learned to enjoy both of those things, but I still slip up occasionally. From school to here, the root issue was always pride. I is the center of pride and I lived in a way where life revolved around what I desired to do, rather than accepting what was committed to me and revolving around that before doing anything for myself. Even now the temptation to do that comes, whether it be sleeping early, or postponing work I need to do, or to go do my own thing while others finish up the work. But, God has never allowed any temptation to come beyond what I was able to handle, and always provided ways of escape from falling into old habits. I may get drowsy watching the masters house at times, but I’ve always had someone around to help wake me up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment