Monday, March 12, 2018

Do Two Walk Together?

Amos 3:3

ESV
"Do two walk together, unless they have agreed to meet?”

No, they do not. Would I go get coffee with someone, if I hadn’t first agreed to? Or would I go to an interview that I first wasn't invited to? I wouldn't even go on a walk with someone if we hadn't first agreed to walk together.

I walk with Christ. I have agreed to meet Him, not only unto salvation but also each time I enter His presence by prayer. He stands at the door of my heart each day, each moment, knocking. When I commune and pray to Him, I am agreeing to meet with Him. He is the friend who is always on time to the walks, always picks up the phone to talk; He's my rock. Each day I get to walk with my Father as a Son, and receive guidance and encouragement. He lifts my soul with sweet words that speak deep within my depths, and out flows words of praise for His love. As I behold the countenance of Him through His word and presence, I can't resist the urge of my soul to bless His name! But, there's also the flip side. Inevitably, by being flesh and blood, I will disagree to meet with Him. The way I live, speak, love, have faith and the purity of heart that is maintained can go astray into darkness so easily. I’m then found walking around in the darkness, stumbling upon everything I come across. Its not until I fall to my knees in the darkness that I come again to be lifted up by my Father. His hand of kindness and mercy lifts me up, sets my feet in a wide place and calls me to walk with Him in the light, forgetting the darkness I had just walked in. Where sin abounds, grace will always abound much more! His grace truly is an endless ocean, spanning from horizon to horizon, reaching beyond the figments of imagination and further than the furthest stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment