Thursday, March 8, 2018

The Unity of The Spirit

2 Corinthians 13:11

ESV
“Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.”

The restoration that the redemptive power of the blood of Christ brings is indescribable. The lives its changed are among hundreds of millions, the families that have been brought to unity are countless, and the impact stretches beyond comprehension. No wonder Paul found it necessary to include this verse in the final greetings to the Corinthians. He understood the power that unity of the Spirit possessed, especially when kept in the bond of peace. This concept he carried into his letter to the Ephesians. “eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit” (Ephesians 4:3-4). Aiming for restoration and being intentional about keeping unity by the bond of peace, as well as comforting and agreeing with one another, will be so essential during our field time. It can be easy to maintain a peace on the outside for myself, so as Paul wrote earlier in 2 Corinthians 13:5, I need to be examining and testing my own heart. When things are out of order within my heart, when anxiety and frustration may take the throne of my heart, I must be eager and quick to dethrone it and give God the throne He deserves again. All of the things mentioned in this verse begin within myself. Some come naturally, while others don't, but I can confidently say God is working the kinks out within me in those areas where it isn't so natural. Conviction, repentance and transformation are constantly taking place in my heart, and I honestly need to seek and ask God for more of it. Asking the right questions needs to become a habit as I read Gods word, so that I can walk away with something learned, or something convicted and repented of. Among all of this, what I’m most thankful for is the blood of Christ which not only cleans me from my failures and sins, but gives me the power to overcome and be transformed into the image of Jesus Christ. The peace and love of God are personally experienced each day as I seek Him and seek to please Him. There's nothing like it, nothing that compares to it, and nothing that's better than the nearness of my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment