Thursday, March 15, 2018

Not My Righteousness

Philippians 3:9

NKJV
“and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;”

My righteousness is never to be my own. If it is, I’m doing something terribly wrong, seeking to be justified by the works of law rather than the work of Christ on the cross. The righteousness of God for me is to be received by faith alone can bring me before the throne of God and into His presence. What I love about this is that Paul states the truth that the righteousness is from God. From God. Not only righteousness will come from God, but also holiness, purity, liberty, joy, peace and many others. If God can give me righteousness through the riches and grace of Christ Jesus, then there is nothing He won't be able to give me. God is limitless, boundless, infinite. His resources are more bountiful than the dirt of the earth and the space of space. Yet I can find it so difficult to trust completely that He will be able provide for my needs, especially financially in this year of IGNITE. But, I am learning to strengthen myself in the Lord. God was capable of forgiving me of and forgetting my unrighteousness through the cross of Jesus, He is plenty capable of guiding me through the uncertainties. I can sleep like Jesus in the storm knowing that He will fulfill His promise to bring me to the other side. Peacefully. Not needing to expend any more energy trying to manipulate the plan, fulfill it on my own, or worry one cubit about it as He strategizes, organizes and provides all I need along the way. All He is asking me to do right now is deny myself, hoist my cross upon my shoulder, and follow the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment