Thursday, March 1, 2018

Whoever Desires To Be Great

Matthew 20:26-28

NKJV
“Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant.  And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave—  just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”

Christ came to give, not to get. By this He became obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. As a result of giving till death, Christ was exalted to the right hand of the Father and given the name above every name. The Father so deeply desired and yearned jealously for His creation to become His again that He gave His only son. He desired to be the greatest in the eyes of His children again, just as He had been before Adam and Eve ate of the tree. All because He loved us. All because He loved me, he came down to set me free.

The servant is always last, the slave is always the final one out of the trenches. They will work till there's no light, or till theres no work, and then beyond that should then seek to go over and above for their master. As I think of my reflection and application of yesterdays verse, to go over and above when opportunities arise, I see how God honored that desire to go over and above. To be His servant and His slave for the work of His kingdom. Everything had a new sense of accomplishment and satisfaction as I sought to go over and above in all the big and little things that came my way. There were things I didnt even realize were connected to my application until now! I got to give my life as a ransom to many. Starting from being four feet down in a hole digging in the mud to find a broken water line, to then working overtime cleaning up the church before I went with the guys in my class to Mudman to help them close down the restaurant. Then to end the day off I was the last one awake as I scribed a skit for our Uganda team. Among all this, I got to give my life as a ransom for many. Slowly but surely through experience, I’m learning what it means to be giving my life a ransom for many, and to love it. To become the slave and servant of others for the glorification of Jesus is right where I belong, even though the enemy might try to wear me down in it. And at the same time learning when to slow down and focus on talking with Jesus. But, in all the things that come, I’m more than a conqueror through Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment