Thursday, March 1, 2018

Son First

John 15:15

NKJV
No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.
I am not to serve to be a son, I am to be a son then serve. During these past couple days I’ve been so focused on being a servant I’ve tended to forget that Jesus wants to be my friend and my Father. Yesterday while serving it clicked in my heart; I was so focused on serving and going quickly, I left no room for relationship with Jesus. My head was buried deep in the work, instead of being buried deep in conversation with Jesus. I was convicted of running ahead of Jesus. He was knocking but I couldn't hear it over the noise of my own work. I shoved off any tugs from the Holy Spirit to slow down or pray and just kept going. Until I hit a wall physically and it slowed me long enough to hear Jesus was knocking and I then let Him in and began to talk with Him. I repented of becoming so focused on work that I left Jesus alone, and I was reminded of a devotional I read the day before about leaving Jesus by being so focused on the duty. The verse quoted was John 16:32, “Indeed the hour is coming, yes, has now come, that you will be scattered, each to his own, and will leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me.”

The hour for me to be scattered to myself had come and I left Jesus, even though I may have said in my head that I was serving Him. But, God brought me back to Himself. Back to the focus of it all, being a son. I am adopted into the kingdom of God first and foremost always as a son, by my acceptance of the death, blood, and resurrection of Jesus, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment