Thursday, March 8, 2018

Proportions

Romans 12:6

NKJV
“Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let  us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith;”

Among sixteen people in IGNITE Class is 14, it is a sure fact that God gives each person valuable and significant gifts. I won't go into the list of gifts, for there are many among us, because that's not what's important here. What matters most, and what God cares about, is using what He has given us to glorify Him. No matter how big or small the gift, and no matter the proportion of your faith, you must give all you have for the one who gave all He had. His only begotten Son, to a people who had turned their backs to His love. Each person here is at a different stage in their walk and relationship with Jesus, yet seeing each person digging so earnestly and diligently to find the treasure God has for them is encouraging. They all have been granted a measure of grace, faith, and different gifts and they are learning to use what was given.

God has assigned me my own level of faith and given me my own gifts that none else have. I’m reminded of Philippians 2:20. “For I have no one like-minded, who will sincerely care for your state.” Timothy could sincerely care for the state of others in a way none could. Am I able to care sincerely for the state of others? Yes, in Christ. But in my flesh, it is not a natural ability to have deep compassion on others. Thankfully through the word Of God and prayer, becoming more compassionate will come with time, sanctification, and learning to live in the light as He is in the light more often than not. Some things for me come naturally, my gifts, but others not so much. But, as I look to the team that God has created for me to be a part of in spreading the gospel, I can be strengthened by them in my weaknesses. Where I fall short, they go long and catch the ball for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment