Monday, February 26, 2018

All Members Belong To The Body

1 Corinthians 12:14-15

ESV
“For the body does not consist of one member but of many. If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," that would not make it any less a part of the body.”

Another reminder to not compare myself to the Moses’ in the world of ministry. I know God has called me to ministry and there were times where I had found myself shackled to comparisons. One of the leaders had shared a message about Joshua receiving Moses’ ministry that struck me deep in my heart and freed me from those shackles. If I’m a hand, I am not to fill a pair of shoes. I’m to have dexterity, flexibility and the ability to grasp and handle. I’ve seen this true plenty of times coming from a large church, where there are many different people who represent many parts of the body. It would be easy for the usher to look to the pastor and ask “Why am I here? I have no use compared to him.” But the truth is, the church wouldn't function as it should without the usher, and the same applies to the pastor, the volunteer, the media team, or the sound guy. Each part of the body plays a very specific role that is needed for the body of Christ to be healthy. I have found myself entertaining those same thoughts of feeling useless while serving before. But more often than not its looking to the pulpit and hearing the calling to it and feeling useless compared to who stands there. Little did I know, what I saw in myself as useless God is using to glorify Himself. I have certainly not reached the goal but I continue to press on, and feel the growth each and every day. I’ve learned to not compare my walk and calling to that of others, and having Pastor Donathan in this week surely helped to bring even more freedom to that. It could be easy for one to compare Pastor Don who oversees all of Calvary Chapel and Pastor Donathan who disciples a couple dozen young adults currently, and say that one position is more desirable or more successful than the other. But, it surely is not so in Gods eyes, and seeing how God is using both these men, who are different parts of the body of Christ, to glorify Himself, has opened my eyes to what its all about. Live a life of worship that glorifies God and follow where the wind of Gods Spirit blows you. Where it sends you is up to God, and don't look to your friend in the other boat and envy where God has sent them to. Be content and thankful that God has chosen you to partake in His glorious plan. You're still a part of His body and wants to use you to glorify Him in a way no one else can.

No comments:

Post a Comment