Monday, February 26, 2018

Where He Is, There I Shall Be

John 12:26

NKJV
“If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.”

“and where I am, there My servant will be also.” I recall this past week with Pastor Donathan and the day he shared on John 3:8. The wind blows where it wishes, and likewise the Spirit of God goes where it wishes. Something I need to always be aware of is where He is heading. Attentiveness to the shifting of the Spirit is key for me to stay within the will of my Father. My hands must always be on deck and my eyes open and my ears hearing so I may know the appropriate time to adjust my sails to catch the wind of Gods spirit. Where Gods spirit goes, I desire to be right alongside Him, and behind Him as He goes before me preparing the way.

This is becoming more and more the cry of my heart as I grow closer to God. Not only am I more excited to serve Him and follow Him, I love being alongside Him in whatever He is doing around me. Being present is one of the valuable places to be for me as I’m seeking the Lord and committing my days to Him. There have already been plenty of opportunities I’ve gotten to participate in simply because I was present and put myself in position to be a servant. Oh and the blessings that have come from them!! They’ve been truly priceless, and most if not all have been purposed for deepening the well of my heart. I’ve discovered that the more time I not only spend present, but spend time in His presence, the deeper my well gets and the clearer the purpose for each day and week becomes. For example, this weeks theme is being a servant. At the beginning of this week, the theme just won't hold the weight for me that it will at the end. Through experience, prayer, and Gods word my well of servanthood will be deepened and my heart changed. At the end of all this, I will be honored by the Father too, either in this life or the one to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment