Thursday, February 1, 2018

Simple Obedience

Matthew 8:9-10

“For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it. ” When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, “Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!”

The more time I spend around those who have been in ministry longer than some of us combined, the more its made me realize how much I really don't know and understand. Coming from being surrounded by many young adults more often than pastors and teachers, I was blinded to the reality of my lack of knowledge of God. We were all on similar playing fields, in our own stadium per say. Happy to hit the ball but unable to see past the bleachers. These past couple weeks have shown me there's an infinite world beyond the field I've been playing in. I’m reminded of a passage in ‘Knowledge of the Holy’ where it speaks about the futility and ridiculousness of trying to comprehend God and his vast infinite being. Even writing this, my mind is becoming an imploding star. Thank God, literally, that He has made the only.requirement of us to have faith. We don't have to try to understand everything about Him, or comprehend who He fully is, or do His job maintaining the universe from the furthest stars to the microscopic organisms. All He asks us to do is believe. Believe who He says He is, what He says He will do for those who love Him, believe His promises to His children. Don't over complicate this faith, keep it simple and let God do the work. When you’re told “Go” just go. When you're told “come’ just come. When you're asked to do something, “just do it.” A good soldier doesn't ask his authority why, doesn’t question his orders, doesn't deny his orders. If you do, you're in for some serious discipline. I’m called to be a good soldier of Jesus Christ, my life belongs to Him. He lives within me and through me, so always be intentional about doing what Jesus would do in each moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment