Thursday, February 15, 2018

He Has My Back

Phillipians 4:11


ESV"Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content."


As Paul goes on to say, he has learned the secret to facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. While I may have learned this secret too, its another story to face it with joy. I can push through and persevere, but I have the tendency to do it through my own strength and find myself in an inner war. I try to fight with my own defenses rather than the spiritual weapons God will freely equip me with. I then find myself discontented within as a result of using my own weapons. And no duh! My flesh will never be satisfied! It will never be strong enough and isn't what to cling to when I am in abundance or need. I try to be content with what I can do through myself, and more often than not its subconscious. Therefore, my discontentment comes through relying on the flesh rather than God. I have yet to learn to be content with God. To settle in my heart that I am good with God and He has everything I need in any and all seasons. I tend to complicate my belief in God and thus find myself frustrated and walking away from the altar because I can’t get beyond my own thoughts. And as a result, I cant receive from God and spend true intimate time with Jesus to receive what I need to be content in my life. Among all this struggle and frustration however, I find peace and comfort in how simple God puts it. There’s always the one verse that appears that completely centers my uncentered soul. That puts things back into perspective. That reminds me it isn't called the simple gospel for no reason and I need to stop complicating it. There are appropriate times to dig deep in Gods word, and I all too often fall into the trap of doing such. However, learning to stop digging and behold what Gods word says at face value is what must happen for me. Read and believe. Dont question it, just believe what it says and trust that God will fulfill His truths. I trust that God will bring me to that point of letting His word simply settle within me, but it will take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment