Thursday, February 15, 2018

It Takes Time

Hebrews 6:12

NKJV
“that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.”

Faith cannot be had without patience. I once struggled with the idea that much of what I ask God for should be done for me right away, within the moment to within the week. Of course, there was plenty of future goals that I didn't expect to come quickly but I always prayed for deliverance from my current struggles right away. I knew that God used trials to better us but I didn't think certain trials should last long, and to my surprise they usually didn't. But, the issue I've come to realize with that is my character never changed. My head grew but my heart didnt. It was stone cold as far as real change. Now, as I spend my days here in IGNITE I'm beginning to appreciate the trials and spend much more time praying, reading Scripture, and seeking the Lord on specific things, aiming to in a sense prolong the trial to squeeze every drop out of it. I want heart change not a bigger head. The other side of this coin in the inheriting of promises. The Lords promises are daily proving true. While I do enjoy learning from the trials I face, it also can be easy to fall into mental isolation, weakness, and to feel down and out. But, each time I go to God to seek comfort, He’s always been right there. He’s spoken a word through someone, or given me a verse, or simply just brought comfort through His presence. I recall asking the Lord to help my ability to have better interpersonal conversations in the last week, and literally while still in prayer, someone came up and talked with me much longer than I thought was possible for me. Sometimes I do have to wait for the promises, but other times they come straight away after a prayer of faith. Either way, I learn much from both. God is so incredibly sovereign. It blows my mind the manners by which He answers prayers and fulfills promises, and I always look forward to seeing the new way He moves the mountain. He has an infinite toolshed to accomplish His mission. He can use dynamite, a shovel, and excavator, dig a tunnel through the mountain, or simply just carry me to the other side of it. No matter what tool He uses, He will get me to the other side with joy in our hearts as we go together.

No comments:

Post a Comment