Thursday, February 15, 2018

Strengthened By Him

Colossians 1:11

NLT
“We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy.”

I’ve found myself spending lots more time doing work, not only physically but mentally and spiritually. Learning how to channel Gods glorious power to help me push through barriers is an amazing experience. It’s something that strikes me with awe and wonder as I’m all of a sudden filled with supernatural energy and strength in the midst of work after calling upon Jesus. When we were shoveling snow yesterday to clear spaces to park vehicles, I had this verse and similar ones playing through my mind. God is teaching me what it means to push through, and today He also revealed some rewards of overcoming. Overcoming tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, nakedness, peril and sword. In the face of all this I am more than a conqueror through Christ who loves me and strengthens me to endure. During those moments of greatest weakness He proves Himself strong and able and faithful to pour out grace for my need. As we shoveled I kept pushing through, keeping my head down and relying on Him to get me over the wall, through the barrier, across the valley. The best part however wasn't in the work, wasn't in the perseverance, of the receiving of strength. It was to see how God rewards those who are faithful to persevere. We had at least half of the block to shovel out still, when we are all in the thick of shoveling, when the plow truck came out to help. All I could see in that plow truck was the hand of God. As I was faithful to focus on the task God put before me, He rewarded me by moving the rest of the mountain. Would I have continued shoveling until it was finished? Yes. But, in God's love He came and did the heavy work. He took the burden, took the hit, took the punch and split the sea for me. If that wall of snow was the Book of the Law, then that snowplow was the love of God showing itself through the crucifixion of Jesus. He bore all the weight and burden of my sins and I was left with a weight so small, and a team surrounding me to help clean up the mess. God has surrounded me with a family who I can trust in to have my back, to help me push through, and to help grow, one shovel full at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment