Thursday, February 15, 2018

The Righteous Will See

Psalm 17:15

NLT
"Because I am righteous, I will see you. When I awake, I will see you face to face and be satisfied."

Because I am righteous, I will see you. While not directly spoken from God, this is a promise nonetheless. All of the word is inspired by God, breathed by God, so there’s no reason to doubt this. Then, if I doubt that I am righteous enough to fulfill this, I am also comforted in the fact that because of Christs blood and my acceptance of it, I am now robed in righteousness in the spiritual sense. I have full access to see Him. In Matthew 5, Jesus says “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” (v.8) Christ’s blood has also made me pure in heart, even though I may not believe it sometimes. When I awake, I can see Christ. I can come boldy to the throne and receive His love freely. Each morning I arise in the likeness of God. My identity in Him will never change, even if Satan tries to convince me otherwise. I am seated eternally in heavenly places and God has prepared a table for me in the presence of my enemies. I can come and eat and drink at His table and commune with my Father at any moment. Whether it be 4am in the morning, or 3pm, when I call, He will answer. When I humble myself before Him, He will come. God sees me through the blood of the cross at all times and never once does His view of me change; holy, righteous, blameless, pure, a son of God, made in His image. Yet, here I sit on earth, and get so trapped in my head with the questions, confusion, despair, the struggle, the eternal war between the flesh and the Spirit. I can't just be content with the massive list of love God has poured out on me day and night. For some reason, these things won't settle within my heart for good. There's truly a spiritual war all the time, and the weapons the enemy uses to keep me distracted and tuned out from God have worked for some time now, and I know he won't quit, but only fight harder the closer I get to God. The funny part though? Satan has to use an army of demonic soldiers to get to me, he has to constantly hound me to bring me down, so I'm definitely doing something right, and he’s definitely weak if it takes an army to trip me up. Meanwhile, one prayer with someone can tackle and pin his entire army to the ground. The spiritual weapons God gives us are infinitely more powerful, I just need to be more proactive in fighting with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment