Thursday, February 15, 2018

Who Can Compare?

Hebrews 13:5

NKJV
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Who can compare to our God? What can compare to our God? The answer is simple, there is nothing. Not in the heavens above or the earth below. The Lord left a purposeful hole in my heart that only He can fill. How saddening it can be to look at the world and see how people try to fill that hole with things God created, worshiping the creation rather than the creator. Even at this point in my relationship with Christ and the level of contentedness I’ve come to, I still can find myself worshiping the creation in my heart. There’s a fine line between worshiping the creation and appreciating it. It’s one of those things which requires a simple flick of a switch in my heart to set the perspective correct. To shine light on the true way for me to enjoy what God has created, and what He has given me. Ultimately, the reason I can find myself looking to creation to fill that hole, is I haven’t spent the necessary time it requires to be filled to overflowing. I’m building a lifestyle of receiving from the throne of grace more than ever now, especially when compared to when I was blatantly standing in the quicksand of the world. I’m so incredibly thankful that God guided me here to Ignite. I’m sure I would have kept wandering back into that quicksand, and it’s a goal of mine to build safety bumpers in my heart so when I do begin to stray towards the gutters at the left or right that I won't fall in. Will I trip here and there? Yes, but that's what the bumpers are for. Not only am I building those bumpers, but I also have the Holy Spirit built in to set off warnings and convictions in my heart when I’m going astray. I hope to find myself always going back to the question “Who can compare?” and confidently say “Nothing”.

No comments:

Post a Comment